Follow the below steps to suggest titles for purchase.
- Log in to your My APL account.
(Alternate access: select your username in the top right and click My Library Dashboard from the drop-down menu.)
- Click on + Submit a Suggestion (located under My Borrowing on the left).
- Enter the Title and Author, Performer, or Director and then click on the red Next button at the bottom of the screen.
(Please note that the Interlibrary Loan service referenced in the form is currently suspended due to library closures.)
- Select Format, Audience, Content, and Language. If you know the ISBN or have Notes about the item to share, enter those details as well. Click on the red Next button.
- You will see a summary of your suggestion. If the Library already owns it in the same format, you will have the option to Cancel or Submit Anyway.
If we don't own it, confirm your suggestion by clicking Submit.
You will see a confirmation message pop up at the top right of your screen.
- After a suggestion is reviewed, you will receive a notification in your My APL account letting you know the outcome. Notifications will not be sent via email.
- If you’d like to monitor your suggestions, click on Suggested this Month to track them.
You will see the status of your suggestions on the right, with purchases showing as Under Review, Approved, or Not Approved.
You can Cancel a request if a selector has not responded to it yet, and make a new suggestion. You can also Remove a reviewed suggestion, but you will not be able to make a new suggestion in its place (unless you have not yet used your monthly limit).