For Teens (age 13-18)
The following menu of activities are available upon request and as staffing allows in Teen Central, with size limits if applicable. Larger groups will want to have a rotation plan prepared. We can offer up to three extension activities, depending on group size and advance notice.
- Scavenger Hunts (2 available - one inside Teen Central [20 minutes] and one Selfie Scavenger Hunt that goes throughout the building [1 hour])
- Alienware Gaming Computers (6 available with Steam, GOG, and EpicGames [Fortnite] - larger groups will want to have a plan for rotation so everyone gets a turn)
- Media Creation Macs (6 available with Final Cut, Garage Band, and Photoshop Elements, as well as Wacom drawing tablets to borrow for in-library use - time varies by user)
- Board Game Collection (over 50 games available - we have seating for about 50 board gamers in Teen Central at any given time [30-60 minutes per game])
- WunderBar Station (a rotating interactive activity table - usually with a creative element. Past WunderBars have included an advanced LEGO build, watercolor painting, a cup stacking challenge, trivia cards, and more - time varies by activity)
- Speed Date with a Book / Book Cafe (librarians will set up 4-5 tables full of books, with each table representing a different genre. Individuals have 2 minutes to read a book from a chosen genre table, before a bell rings, and they have to pick another book - after 3 bells, they have to switch to another table. Any book they like, they can take with them to check out - [30-60 minutes]).
- Research Assistance (give us your assignment and a list of topics and we'll pull a cart of books in advance, and have them waiting for your students in Teen Central to use for their research - [30-60 minutes]).
- Musical Instruments (guitars, keyboard, bass, and beat box can be checked out for use in Teen Central by a Lead Teacher for a group's use - time varies by your needs)
- VR Demo (as staff time allows - schedule early for best availability! Staff will set up the VR station or 3D facial scanning station for student exploration during your visit - [30-60 minutes])
- 3D Design 101 (an introductory course for students using free, browser-based auto-cad design software [30 minutes], max 20 students per visit, unless students bring their own laptops)