Capital Area Workforce Solutions has a more complete video on resumé building.
What to Include in a Resumé
- Summary at the top of the resumé that includes your strengths and experience
- Job history, including volunteer activities
- Educational history/additional training
- Organizations/memberships/relevant to the job
- Contact Information (name, phone, email) at the top. No email? We can help!
- Use keywords from the job posting in your resumé and cover letter.
- Use action verbs.
- Be truthful. State your abilities accurately.
- Keep it brief. Try to limit your resumé to one page, two pages at most.
- Be accurate. Proofread your resumé for any errors. We can help!
- Keep it up-to-date and professional. Make changes as they occur, and stick to plain-looking fonts to keep your resumé timeless.
- Avoid saying "References Upon Request", but do include references if there is room.
- Do not include Social Security #, Birthdate, Marital Status